About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Amazing Grace

I went to the hospital yesterday to see Ian and his family. Ian's condition has continued to deteriorate and the doctors have said they expect that he will die sometime today. What I saw at that hospital can only be described as amazing grace. I was expecting to see the family crying, sitting in a corner by themselves, overwhelmed at what was facing them. Instead I found the family greeting their visitors, encouraging them, and comforting others that were crying.

The family was very generous to share Ian with us as well. They allowed anyone that wanted to visit Ian to go in and see him. How unselfish of them. They could have chosen to be the ones in the room with him the entire time, and instead they allowed numerous people to come and say goodbye to their dear friend.

The family was not in denial of Ian's condition; actually they were very much aware of the road ahead of them. They shared that if God decides to take Ian home they trust Him and still believe that God is good, loving and sovereign. They do not believe this was an accident. They believe that God is in control, and this was Ian's time to go home.

I was astounded by their response. What faith. I shared with them that we have all been praying so hard for them that the Lord would give them a peace that surpasses all understanding. It was very clear to me that prayer was answered. It makes no sense at all that the family would be at peace, not questioning God, accepting whatever happened, even if Ian died.

The only explanation is that God's grace is truly, truly, Amazing Grace.

No comments: