Pennsylvania is in my opinion (and if you know me, I have plenty of opinions) one of the most beautiful places to live. The feelings that come with each season are so wonderful.
Spring - A sign of new life, being alive, hope, and excitement. When spring first starts I am always in awe to see what was once dead starts to show signs of life again. Tulips in the spring are one of my favorite pleasures. I am a terrible, terrible gardener, and yet every year I have a few tulips and lily's burst forth from the ground reminding me that winter is over, and once again life will come back to all that was dead. Tulips are definitely my favorite spring flower.
Summer - I am not a fan of the heat, but I do enjoy summer in my car. I especially enjoyed summer this year driving with the sunroof open and the windows down through the beautiful countryside. I think of summer and I think of simpleness. Running through fields, climbing hay bales, picking daisies, swinging on an old porch swing while sipping a cold iced tea, cooking on the grill with friends and family, bonfires, and smores. Summer is about making memories with those you love.
Fall/Autumn - My favorite season of all. The cooler weather, sweaters, warm blankets, apple cider, the air feels so alive. The leaves... the colors are so beautiful, but I love listening as the wind blows the leaves back and forth as it makes a "swooshing" sound that sounds like a graceful dance. I love to drive down a small, deserted road covered in leaves while the wind is blowing and have the leaves dance around me. Fall is just a magical time.
Winter - Although I am not a fan of the cold either, I love the snow. I love to drive in it (short distances only), I love to watch it drift slowly down from the sky, and I love to watch children play in it. My favorite part of winter is when the snow covers everything in sight with a spectacular white blanket of sparkling crystals.
Each season has something so special to offer. I get so much enjoyment out of them. Just when we start to tire of one of the seasons, a new one begins. As I am sitting in my living room today writing reports I am being entertained by the "Dance of the Autumn Leaves” as they glide back and forth in the wind enjoying their final dance. Thank you Lord for the beauty of nature that points us back to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment