About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Waiting, Holding all things loosely, & I'm happy

The mind is amazing to me. Sometimes it is like a random jack-in the box. I could be working on a report, focused on what I am doing, and then, out of nowhere - BAM! - out jumps the thought - what if I DON'T get this job. I have to then stop and preach to myself, God is in control, and He can certainly help me get through this trial if I don't get this job... now get back to work.

(Imagine pushing the jack-in-box thought back down and somehow the mind is secretly winding it up again without you even realizing it...)

I go back to typing my report trying to rest on God's goodness, love, faithfulness, kindness and sovereignty knowing He has everything under control and I don't have to worry. I glance at my phone to make sure it is on and fully charged (of course it is because I have already checked that 3 other times today) and I tell the Lord for the umpteenth time that no matter what the outcome, I trust Him. The truth is that I really do trust the Lord, no matter what the outcome.

I really want this job, but I do believe that the Lord knows what is best and if He believes that it is better for me to not have this job, I accept that. It is more important to me that I am more like Jesus then it is to have an easy life. The people I admire most in life don't or didn't have an easy life. Trials are what made them more like Christ. This doesn't mean I am looking for a hard life. Please don't misunderstand me. But, I trust the Lord with where He has me. Wherever that is.

While I was waiting for the phone to ring (I think the Lord will always be teaching me patience) I decided to read the next page in Beside Still Waters. I think it goes along with what I am trying to say...

“Earthly comforts are loaned. They are not gifts, for all that we possess is God's property. He has only lent them, and what He lends He has a right to take. Therefore, do not complain when God takes His own.

Beloved, because these calamities may be expected, let us be prepared. Hold all things loosely. Hold them as though you did not have them. Look at them as fleeting; never expect them to remain. Never make mortal things your gods. If you do, your heart will be broken when they are taken.” C.H. Spurgeon

I have been a Christian now for 22 years. The peace, joy and happiness I have today are so wonderful.

What a blessing…to know God’s faithfulness all of these years, to grow more and more content in Him, to know that I know that I know that I know He will never leave me or forsake me. To know all those promises in His word are true. To know more of Him today then I did yesterday.

I have learned that no matter what “wave” or trial comes my way, the Lord is still the same. I don’t get knocked over as hard as I used to... I am happy.

No comments: