About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Freshly aware - forever grateful

I have been reflecting on all of my blessings lately. I have some trials - but when you look at what else I have it is just overwhelming how many blessings I have.

I have struggled with migraines for 20 years. Currently I am in a season of not having any migraines. I am having some bothersome side-effects from the medication - mainly fatigue - but I am not in pain. This is such an answer to prayer. Oh I am so grateful!

I am unemployed. I am able to switch careers though and I am really excited about this. I also received information today about another possible job (details to come) and am blessed by the Lord's kindness in caring for me. He really does more than I can think, ask or imagine!

I needed new furniture and bought the furniture when I believed I had a good full-time job. I believe the Lord allowed this to happen to make a way for me to get new furniture and then trust Him to provide for my needs. I never would have bought furniture after losing my job, but now I believe it is an opportunity to trust Him to provide for my needs. Even the little things matter to God.

This March I have been a Christian for 23 years. For 23 years I have had hope, love, and the promise that the Lord will always be with me. For 23 years I have known that this world is not my home and that there is a perfect, wonderful, peaceful, home waiting for me.

Do you know what it is like to wake up in the morning and know that no matter what happens that day, no matter how bad things get, everything is going to be okay? Do you know that when you see the darkest cloud and the strongest storm that there is sunshine on the horizon? Do you believe that when you have nothing you can still have everything? There really is hope. Trust the Savior. He is real.

Thank you Lord for blessing me so lavishly. I am forever grateful.

4 comments:

Sandy kimmel said...

Vic, Happy 23 year birthday in the Lord! Keep on enjoying that Incredible Grace....

fry family said...

Hi Vicky:

What an encouragement. Thank you for reminding of these things that I can so easily forget.

Anonymous said...

your perspective is refreshing, encouraging and humbling. thanks for sharing.

Holly said...

very encouraging! thanks for sharing your thoughts!