I am a planner. If life were a chess game I would have at least the next seven moves and all alternative moves planned ahead and thinking about the eighth move...
I used to love the "Choose your own adventure books" growing up. They were books that had different endings. Maybe it was a mystery book and in the story you come to a door. If you choose to open the door you go to page 83 and then you will read what happens if you open the door. If you choose to not open the door you go to page 75 and the story goes from there. Then you read for a few pages and have another decision to make. I would love to read what happened when I would go though the door and then if I didn't like that, I would go back and forth reading different options until I found the ending I liked...
In life we can't plan for the ending we want. Life sometimes throws a curveball. And I have learned that is a good thing. If we could only know what is behind each door before we open it... but in the end, that doesn't teach us faith and trust in God. That doesn't sanctify us and make us more like our Savior.
I am grateful to report that I am learning to trust the Lord when the unexpected happens and look for His goodness and kindness in those situations. He always has grace waiting for us when we need it.
This season of unemployment has been so sweet. I have not feared or worried about what is going to happen. I have not worried about whether or not I will be able to collect unemployment. By God's grace, and His grace alone, I am at total peace about my future. This is partly because I have gone through this trial before and seen His mercy and provision. I know His faithfulness. Worrying is really just a waste of time. The Lord works all things out for good for those who love Him.
I am grateful that He has given me my friends and family to go through these "doors of life" with. I know that with the Lord’s help and with my loved ones around me, I can get through anything.
I used to love the "Choose your own adventure books" growing up. They were books that had different endings. Maybe it was a mystery book and in the story you come to a door. If you choose to open the door you go to page 83 and then you will read what happens if you open the door. If you choose to not open the door you go to page 75 and the story goes from there. Then you read for a few pages and have another decision to make. I would love to read what happened when I would go though the door and then if I didn't like that, I would go back and forth reading different options until I found the ending I liked...
In life we can't plan for the ending we want. Life sometimes throws a curveball. And I have learned that is a good thing. If we could only know what is behind each door before we open it... but in the end, that doesn't teach us faith and trust in God. That doesn't sanctify us and make us more like our Savior.
I am grateful to report that I am learning to trust the Lord when the unexpected happens and look for His goodness and kindness in those situations. He always has grace waiting for us when we need it.
This season of unemployment has been so sweet. I have not feared or worried about what is going to happen. I have not worried about whether or not I will be able to collect unemployment. By God's grace, and His grace alone, I am at total peace about my future. This is partly because I have gone through this trial before and seen His mercy and provision. I know His faithfulness. Worrying is really just a waste of time. The Lord works all things out for good for those who love Him.
I am grateful that He has given me my friends and family to go through these "doors of life" with. I know that with the Lord’s help and with my loved ones around me, I can get through anything.

2 comments:
oh Vicki,
I remember those books! I loved them too!
miss ya dear buddy
Vic,
My KIDS read those books, back when I was a kid books were on parchment scolls. No pages. :)
Love ya,
Sandy
Post a Comment