Today I went to Sheetz to get some gas and some milk. As I was coming out of the Sheetz I noticed a SUV parked next to me that was running - window partially down, doors unlocked (I could see inside the car that the doors weren't locked) and no one was in the car... This person didn't have any concerns that their SUV would be stolen. And it didn't get stolen.
I love living in a town that only charges 5 cents for 30 minutes of parking - but the meter reader is only part time and hardly ever out so you really don't have to put any money in the meter.
My favorite thing about a small town is that you can drive through any small town and wave at a total stranger and they will wave back as if they have known you all their life. Usually they wave first.
Wouldn't want to live anywhere else...
3 comments:
You left off that a "bad traffic day" is when there's 5 cars in front of you at a stop sign--I about hyperventilated the other day because that seriously messed with my across-town pick-up Izaak schedule by FIFTY FIVE SECONDS!! I immediately vowed to leave my house 6 minutes before I had to pick him up instead of 4, just in case some sort of huge delay like that would occur again (seriously, that's exactly what went through my head!)
I lived in a small town once , a place called Alden, Kansas. AT the time, none of the streets was paved.They were just sand. EVeryone knew everyone else; what they didn't know, they made up. That was the downside--gossip, but other than that, I loved it.
I've been hanging around the local Sheetz, as I could use a new car... but no luck.
What's the job outlook like, Vicky? Didn't you allude to having something super-secret in the works?
Post a Comment