Wow... Ethnic hair is very challenging and a bit magical at the same time. E's hair when wet and straightened is easily to her waist. However lately, although it should be longer than when she first came (since she hasn't had a haircut yet) her hair is shorter. The curls are getting tighter and tighter and by the end of the day her hair almost doesn't seem long enough to even put in a pony tail...
I have about 5-7 products a day I put in her hair, all only help long enough for me to style it early morning. By bedtime her hair has shrunk about 6-8 inches.... it seems the longer her hair gets, the shorter her hair gets... would cutting her hair make it longer? I tried braiding it one night to see if that would stretch the curl out... it didn't. After bath time the braid was a few inches below her shoulder, in the morning, you couldn't even see the braid because it had shrunk up against her head...
And I thought my hair was tough...
No comments:
Post a Comment