E and I were talking about Halloween yesterday since our neighbor was painting about 20 large wooden pumpkins outside.
She told me she had big plans for Halloween... She wants Gracie to dress up as a swimmer. She can wear her goggles and swim suit. E wants to be a princess.
E asked me what I was in years past. I told her one year I dressed up as a raisin. Black stockings, black shoes, and then put my legs and arms through a large garbage bag and stuffed it with paper. No one realized I was a raisin... they thought I was a bag of garbage... she thought that was pretty funny. She said that maybe she would want to be a raisin instead.
I am not the biggest fan of celebrating Halloween... E told me she was a little afraid to go around to the different houses anyway because some might be haunted and she would be scared and have nightmares. I suggested a solution. I offered to buy her a bag of candy, dress up and stay home all night watching movies while answering the door when everyone else came around trick-or-treating... She liked that idea.
Then she summed up the conversation like this... "Yep... I have big plans for us for Halloween... you, me, Gracie, and the Savior."
"Uh... what? The Savior? You mean Jesus?"
"Yep. Jesus... the Savior... He LOVES kids... He loves to play with kids... I've got big plans..."
I didn't have the nerve to ask her what Jesus would be dressing up as...
1 comment:
This made me laugh out loud. "I've got big plans." Funny girl. I love your solution. Costumes are fun, candy is great, but the scary houses we can do without.
Post a Comment