About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Amazing Response

Well it has been really eating away at me that E has been talking more and more about Santa Claus. She has also been talking a lot about Jesus as well. I have been concerned that E will think Jesus is also not real someday.

A few weeks ago I broke down and told her there was no tooth fairy because she was in bed crying after losing her tooth afraid of what the tooth fairy would do to her... she was very relieved. There were a few details to work out, like how did the money get under her pillow? When I told her I was the tooth fairy she looked at me a little weird and said, "but Momma, you don't have wings... how can you be the tooth fairy?" After a little more discussion I think she understood.

So today I found the story of St. Nicholas on-line and read it to her. I explained that St. Nicholas was a real man. He knew and loved Jesus. St. Nicholas helped the poor and gave them gifts. He loved sharing what he had to help others.

E asked, "So is he in heaven now with Jesus?"

Yes.

Then who is going to feed his reindeer? And who is going to eat the milk and cookies?

We talked some more about it. We talked about how St. Nicholas was a really great man that gave us an example of how to help others.

E slowly put the pieces together that Santa is pretend and St. Nicholas was a real man.

I told her that at Christmas time we get to be like St. Nicholas and give gifts to the poor kids that don't have anything. I talked to her about Operation Christmas Child and getting a shoebox together for the poor kids to make sure they have something nice for Christmas.

I told her that Jesus is very real and always with her.

I asked her what she thought about what we talked about and she said she was going to start packing. Then she jumped off the couch and literally started packing.

What are you packing?

"Stuff for the poor kids. We need to get it ready. They can have my crayons and markers, coloring books and lunchbox because they don't have one."

After a deep sigh, she said, "And they can have my teddy because they are probably really scared at night and this will help them." (She LOVES her teddy.)

I told her that she could keep her teddy that we would find them something special that they would love. (I think she was a little relieved.)
I was amazed at how she took the news... what a little sweetheart.

Then she got some paper and markers and said she was going to draw them a picture...
(click on picture to enlarge)

2 comments:

Zoanna said...

This one brought me to tears. What a big heart in your little girl.

Roberto said...

"I love you, poor kids"

That made my day!