About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Debt Free !!!!

Lately I feel like my life is being lived in fast forward speed. Work is very busy. It seems like I get up, rush through the day, eat dinner, do reports, and crawl into bed sometime around midnight or later. I have never had a job that is so much like a roller coaster. I have had jobs where there are tight deadlines, and there is cramming to get the job done, but never where crazy hours are worked for a month or two, and then there are two weeks where I might only work 25-30 hours, and by the time I realize I had some down time, the 50, 60, 70 hour work weeks are back.

I just came off of a 30 hour week and am back to the 50-60 hour weeks. I have such a wonderful boss and co-worker. The people I work for are wonderful. Many of them are Christians. God has blessed me with this job, even though it very much drives me crazy at times.

I will have to pray that the Lord will give me strength to accomplish more work in less time and know what to do and what to let go. I am grateful that I have an army of friends and family around me that I can turn to for help and to hold me accountable to not work too much.

I am grateful that I have a job and that I have a wonderful, warm house, a car, food to eat, and so many people who love and care about me because I know that there are many people who do not have all of this. I have many, many blessings and I am very grateful.

As Thanksgiving approaches I am reminded that this world is not my home and just because this is not my perfect job, with the perfect hours and perfect working conditions, I have to remember I have been richly blessed. My bills are paid. But I don't just mean my electric bill or car payment or the rent. My greatest debt has been paid. I owed a debt I could not ever pay. Christ came and paid it in full. There is no balance on this debt. I have been set free from this debt. This debt no longer exists. Not only am I no longer in debt, but I have a great inheritance.

If you are burdened by your debt before God, just lay it down, at the foot of the cross. Our Savior will carry it for you. He will pay your debt in full. Let Him set you free. Ask Him today. Before it is too late. He will answer your prayer. He will set you free and then you can join me in being truly debt free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found you through your comments on Kate and Bethany's blog. Was visiting and just wanted to say hi.