Wednesday, November 29, 2006

One more gift to go...

I have all my Christmas shopping done except for one gift. Now I just need to wait for all the gifts to arrive. This is the fun part... coming home and seeing my porch full of packages.

I was a little concerned a few weeks ago because I was feeling a bit like the Grinch. Work has been crazy lately and I just don't have time to put a tree up and decorate. I don't have many visitors (with my current schedule, that is a good thing because I am working long days), so it doesn't make much sense to decorate for Christmas when I will be the only one to see it.

I enjoyed doing my Christmas shopping, and it wasn't stressful at all this year. I found really nice wrapping paper and ribbon, and matching Christmas ornaments and decorations for the packages. I am excited to start the wrapping, so hopefully some of the packages will arrive for the weekend.

I can't believe how fast this year went. You always hear people say as they get older that time goes so fast, and I am finding that to be so true. Each year seems to pass a little faster than the last. It makes me more grateful for each day I have and the people in my life.

I pray that you are enjoying this Christmas season.

No comments: