I look to the future because that's where
I'm going to spend the rest of my life.
George Burns
I'm going to spend the rest of my life.
George Burns
I really like this quote. As a Christian, I look to the future, to my eternal hope, where I will spend eternity with my Savior. If I have a bad day, in light of all of heaven's glory, it is nothing more than a small drop of water compared to the vastness of the ocean.
It hurts to pull a Band-Aid off, but it really isn't a big deal because it only hurts for a second. (The pain we feel in a lifetime on earth is just one small second of pain compared to eternity.)
When you say good-bye to a loved one and you know you won't see them for a week or even a month, you will miss them, but you know you will see them soon, so isn't hard to say good-bye. (When we lose a loved one we need to remember that our time here on earth is so short and in the blink of an eye we will be united with them again.)
If money is really tight this month, but you know that payday is in just a few days, you eat Ramen noodles until payday, and it will be okay. (If you struggle with poverty for a year, 10 years, or even your entire life, remember if you are a Christian, you are a very wealthy heir with unlimited resources. Our greatest need is salvation, and that need has already been met by our Savior.)
We need to remember to not look at our current circumstances, but look to our Savior. If we put things in an eternal perspective, our daily trials will fade away in the brilliance of the eternal glory.
2 comments:
Hey, Tori. This is Zoanna (writer of A Penchant for Pens and Kidbits bogs). I read your comment on Judah's mom's blog. NOt sure how much to comment here with real IDs.
I love the way you've made our earthly trial analogous to Bandaids coming off. Never thought of that before, but it's excellent. Only hurts for a little while.
Hi Zoanna. I love your blogs. (Kidbits is my favorite.) I really hope I get to meet you this side of heaven someday... until then I will enjoy your blogs. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment