About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Halleluiah Hearing Loss

Well, I think I am finally in the Christmas spirit. I finished my Christmas shopping today and I am excited to start wrapping. Some of the presents have started to arrive.

I was thinking today about my favorite song of all times… the Halleluiah Chorus. The Young Messiah’s version of the Halleluiah chorus is my all-time favorite. I have loved this song since I first heard it many years ago. I used to listen to this song year round. In fact I have some hearing loss, and I can actually say that this song alone is partially responsible. I used to drive around with this song blaring and sing it on the top of my lungs (luckily I was driving alone, because my singing voice is quite dreadful, but with the music turned up I couldn’t even hear myself singing.) I don’t usually listen to my music really loud, but this song, I have always listened to REALLY loud. I even wanted this song to be the recessional song at my wedding if I ever got married. I played this song in my car probably daily, over and over and over and over again for at least a year. Whenever I had a really good day, this was the first song I grabbed. If I got a new job, new car, new apartment, a raise, or just a sunny day, this was the song I was singing. Even when I bought my last car this past May I was digging around trying to find my old, worn-out copy of this song.

This song became even dearer to me when I was getting ready to go on a mission’s trip all by myself to a foreign country and was terrified. I was in the airport and had just said goodbye to my mother. I was waiting for my flight and remember being sick to my stomach thinking, “What in the world am I doing?”

I asked the Lord to convince me one more time that this was His will for me to go on this trip. Just then, in Mid-October, the music playing in the international airport was the Halleluiah Chorus! I couldn’t believe my ears. My heart started to race, and I got so excited. An answered prayer. This was His will for me. By the time I boarded the plane I was giddy with excitement and ready for the adventure ahead of me. That trip was life changing for me, and one of the greatest moments in my life.

I don’t know why I am so drawn to this song. There are so many wonderful songs out there, but this has always been my favorite. Sometimes I watch a movie with the closed caption on because I miss a lot of the movie otherwise, I always think of this song…

No comments: