I haven't felt like exercising in a very long time but today I had a little burst of energy. Of course it helped that it is a beautiful day outside and I was looking for an excuse to put off writing my reports today. I kept telling myself that I would just go to the next landmark on the trail and then turn around. I wound up walking about 5 miles.
It felt wonderful. I was listening to some great music that pushed me to walk faster than I would have normally, and kept me motivated. There were a lot of people on the trail and of course all were friendly saying a pleasant "hello" as they passed. I took a few minute break on one of the benches and looked up into the woods as the sun was peaking through the trees. If I have enough energy tomorrow I would like to do it again and take my camera. The scenery was so beautiful.
As I was on the home stretch I was thinking of the song from the kids show Dora the Explorer "We did it!" She sings the song at the end of her show after her and her friends have accomplished what they set out to do for the day. Now if I can just get my reports done so I can enjoy tomorrow and my day off on Monday that would make today perfect...
No comments:
Post a Comment