About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Friday, December 08, 2006

I wanna look like her...

So many times people take a picture of a movie star to their hairdresser and say, "I want to look like her. Give me her haircut." I have short, curly hair, and well, there really aren't many haircuts for short, curly hair. Most of the world has straight hair. Some people perm their hair, but for the most part all the latest, greatest hairdos out there are for straight hair. I looked on-line for a while trying to find a nice hairdo for curly hair and couldn't find any...

except...
My yahoo email icon is this cartoon picture I created. You can pick the hair color, eye color, hair style, and on and on. The more I looked at the icon, the more I liked the hairdo. This is a really bad picture, but the best I could come up with. I took a picture of my icon, enlarged it, and printed it out. I took it to my hairdresser and said, "I found a picture of a haircut I like, but it is of a cartoon." She said," Well, that is appropriate. I wouldn't expect anything different from you." She looked at the picture and went to work. My haircut is pretty close to the picture. I am seriously considering dying my hair red. I dye my hair all the time, but I dye it my natural hair color to cover the gray. I might have a little fun... Worst case scenario, I have to dye it my natural color.

I asked my hairdresser if I was the first person to ever bring in a picture of a cartoon and ask to get my hair cut like the cartoon. She said, "Well, yes, but that shouldn't surprise you." It didn't surprise me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the funniest thing ever!! And so true. I HATE that there's no hair styles for us curlies (meanwhile, everyone's all jealous...annoying). I was actually looking at that icon and contemplating saving it to my computer for the next trip to the salon before I even read your post. Haha!