About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

I Feel Like Me Again

For quite a while now, (several weeks/months) I have been feeling pretty bad. My migraines have returned and the medication they have me on has a lot of side effects. I have had migraines, fatigue, and am sick to my stomach a lot. I have found it challenging to write in my blog because I have wanted to just complain about how lousy I feel. Because one of the side effects is fatigue, I take several naps a day (20 minutes here and there.) I am grateful to have a job that can accommodate my naps.

Christmas was difficult because I had a migraine and wanted so badly to visit with my family but with all the noise I just wanted to be alone in a quiet room. I wasn't much help with the dishes or cleaning up either because I wasn't feeling good, so I just rested on the couch. I felt so useless. Everyone else was doing something and I was just lying on the couch...

I share all this now because I am excited to report that I have had three good days. You forget how good it feels to feel good until you don't feel good for a really long time. It is so easy to take for granted getting up in the morning and not being in pain.

I had a migraine everyday and started to forget what it was like to not have a migraine and now I have enjoyed three wonderful days pain free. I haven't had any energy for almost two months. The thought of going for a walk just down the street was so overwhelming, yet yesterday I was able to walk 5 miles. I wasn't able to eat foods that had much flavor for several weeks and this past week was able to enjoy a wonderful meal with friends.

It is so hard to go through the valley, especially when the end isn't in sight. I also realize that all my symptoms are likely to return given my meds have just been doubled and I might only have these three days. I am so grateful that I have been allowed to go through this valley though because as hard as it is, it has helped me to appreciate everyday I have that I am not in pain and feel good. The Lord has blessed me so lavishly. As I walked yesterday I pushed myself to walk harder and faster than I have in a long time. I am sore today, but grateful because the pain I feel today is a reminder of how great I felt yesterday.

My friend made her own pesto from scratch. I had some for dinner last week. It was incredible. It was one of the most wonderful things I have ever eaten. I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if I hadn't had bland foods for two months.

The sky is blue and beautiful. Being outdoors yesterday was wonderful. I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if I hadn't been locked up in my house exhausted and sleeping every chance I had for the last two months. I felt like I came alive yesterday. Like in the movie Awakenings. It was so invigorating.

I have been wearing my sunglasses inside even in dimly lit rooms because of my migraines. I was able to walk outside yesterday without wearing sunglasses and without squinting watching the sun come through the trees and shine down on me.

I am grateful for the valley... for it reminds me of all I am grateful for.
Thank you Lord for today.

No comments: