I saw the movie The Nativity Story this weekend. I went to see the movie with a dear friend of mine. There was one scene where Mary is riding the donkey on some rough terrain and the donkey's footing doesn't seem real good. The movie makes it look like the donkey might slip and fall and I whispered out loud, "She better get off that donkey..." My friend leaned over laughing and said, "Don't worry, she makes it." Well, she did make it.
I was surprised that there was humor weaved throughout this movie (appropriately) and that the movie very nicely portrayed Mary and Joseph to be average people that the Lord used in a miraculous way.
So many times when we hear the story of Mary we think of what an awesome privilege she was given. This movie showed the humiliation and disgrace she went through as well as Joseph. Can you imagine trying to tell your parents that you are pregnant with the Son of God?
I found the birth of Jesus to be the most moving part of the movie. How amazing that the Creator of the Universe, the King of kings was born in a stable. I obviously knew this before seeing the movie, but the movie helped show a visual of what that night might have been like.
Thank you Lord for humbling yourself so greatly to save us, your enemy. Thank you for pursuing us, and for choosing to come and save us. Thank you for your sacrifice.
Luke 9:48b: For he who is least among you all—he is the greatest."
1 comment:
Cool!! I really want to see that. Wish I had known you were going! We'll have to catch a different one sometime
Post a Comment