About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Friday, December 08, 2006

My car is dying!!! (or maybe not...)

I was walking to my car today and my boss called. I was distracted by all the noise from the traffic, so I asked my boss to hold on for a second, and I got in the car and turned my car on planning on just sitting in the parking lot. I was talking to my boss (or actually listening to what he was saying / actually partially listening to what he was saying because my dashboard started to light up...)

My check engine light was on, my oil light was on, and all I could think of was I should have gotten that oil change sooner. I usually get my oil changed around 3500 - 4000 miles and it had been about 4500 miles. I thought, "my car has run out of oil, I have ruined my engine, my car won't go", (I tried putting it in gear and it wouldn't move), the steering wheel wouldn't move and I thought that had something to do with the power steering. (All this while my boss was still talking.) I finished my conversation with my boss, and was grateful I renewed my AAA membership because I was going to have to have my car towed to the shop. I decided to turn my car off, and back on one more time, praying it would all work again. I turned it off and then back on, and it worked! I drove it straight to the car dealership to get an oil change praying the whole way there. It made it there okay. I told the service guy what was wrong and all the lights that were on, and then I started to think, I turned my car on when I was distracted and talking to my boss, MAYBE I didn't turn my car on all the way and when you only turn your car on part of the way, all the lights come on...

Feeling a little stupid at this point I said to the mechanic that it was possible I didn't turn my car on all the way and that is why all the lights were on, but asked if he could check it out anyway and do an oil change. He changed the oil and all was fine.

Thank you Lord that there was nothing wrong with my car except that it had a distracted driver. After this experience today I am not so sure I want to be talking on the phone while driving. It was a real eye opener.

No comments: