From Thanksgiving to Christmas it seems the time goes so fast. Looking for the perfect gift, shopping and then wrapping. It seems for me almost every year when I am almost done I take inventory of everything and I think of a few finishing touches/gifts to add.
One of the gifts I am adding this year is a gift for my neighbor. I paid him to cut my grass all summer (thank-you Lord, otherwise you probably wouldn't see my house right now.) He is in his early 20's and living across the street with his girlfriend. His parents live right next door to me as well. Anyway my "landscaper" and his girlfriend are expecting a baby next month so I bought a baby gift, wrapped it real pretty and will deliver it tonight with an invitation to our church's Christmas Eve service. I don't think they currently go to church so I am praying that they will consider coming.
I am grateful that I didn't spend a fortune this year on Christmas presents, but still was able to get everyone a nice gift. I didn't use a week of my vacation this year so I will be cashing it in for the money instead which means that all of Christmas is paid in full. Yeah!!
I think this is the first year I did not decorate for Christmas. I decided not to because work has been busy and initially I thought my dad was going to have open heart surgery before Christmas and decorating was the last thing on my mind. It turned out my dad didn't need surgery (thank you Lord) but I was glad I didn't decorate. I was able to enjoy time with friends, not feel overwhelmed and rushed, and actually enjoy more of the "season" by spending my time in other ways. I am not sure if I will decorate next year. Maybe just a little...
I don't know if I will get a chance to post before Christmas again or if I will have anything "inspiring" to say, so let me take this opportunity to say,
May you have a wonderful Christmas rejoicing in the birth of our Savior, the hope of the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment