About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Monday, April 23, 2007

ASK. SEEK. KNOCK.

I have had a reoccurring theme appear lately in my prayer life, devotions, sermons, and even have seen the same theme on other blogs. Three simple words. ASK. SEEK. KNOCK.

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8

'The desire of the righteous shall be granted.' Proverbs 10:24

Does the Lord deny us our request for a time? Let the promise for today (Proverbs 10:24) encourage us to ask again. Has He denied us altogether? We will thank Him still, for it always was our desire that He should deny us if He judged a denial to be best. As to some things, we ask very boldly. Our chief desires are for holiness, usefulness, likeness to Christ, preparedness for heaven. These are the desires of the righteous man rather than of the mere man. God will not stint us in these things, but will do for us exceedingly abundantly. Spurgeon

"Delight thyself also in the Lord, and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart." (Spurgeon quoting Psalm 37:4) This day, my soul, ask largely! Spurgeon

I am asking bold things of the Lord because I believe He is telling me to ask Him. I am asking Him to heal Ian and Livi completely from head to toe as well as other friends and family that need healing. I am asking Him to heal me of my migraines (which praise God I am just having headaches once in a while and haven't had a migraine in a while.) I am asking Him for a new job so I can serve His people (my family and the church) better. I am asking that He will make me more like His Son. I am asking that He will help me be more patient, kind, loving, tender hearted, compassionate, generous, and that He will use me to share the hope of the Gospel to a dark and lost world.

The Lord is saying ask... seek... knock... Let us join with Spurgeon and ask largely.


We serve a big God with unlimited resources.
Nothing is too difficult for Him.

No comments: