About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Monday, April 16, 2007

A Life of Prayer

Below is a list of events, seasons, or trials that help remind me of my need of a Savior and draw me to the Cross. This is not an exhaustive list but a list of times that I cried out in prayer in the last few years. The Lord wants us to pray daily, without ceasing. To pray for each other. I want to continue to grow in the area of prayer. Prayer is powerful. Because of what Jesus accomplished on the cross we can freely enter into the presence of God and communicate with Him. We no longer need a high priest but we can go boldly before the throne and approach God ourselves. This is prayer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September 11, 2001

July 2003 - December 2003
Unemployed

October 2003
Went by myself on a mission trip to China.

December 2003 - September 2005
This country girl moved to the city for almost two years to serve in a sister church. This was totally the Lord's leading and I am grateful looking back for the time I had and the new friends I made, but it was so difficult to leave all my friends and family behind and move 5 hours away.

December 26, 2004
Tsunami

August 2005
Hurricane Katrina

September 2005 - January 2006
The country girl moved home, but was unemployed.

April 7, 2006 - Present
Livi went for her one year check-up - The first signs that something was wrong. She had a bone marrow transplant 37 days ago.

May 2006 - Present
I have a job (praise the Lord) but it is a struggle- the hours are intense most of the time. Migraines on and off.

September 30, 2006- Present
Ian was in a car accident and is currently still in a coma.
When looking back over the last several years of my life I noticed this timeline of prayer.

There were times that our nation was in mourning that we prayed together such as 9/11, the Tsunami, and Katrina.

There are times that my church came together in prayer such as when I went on my mission trip (there were also others who went on missions trips at the same time and the entire church kept all of us in prayer,) and now we are daily praying for Ian and Livi.

And finally times of personal prayer (that I know others joined with me) such as healing from migraines, praying for a job, grace in leaving my family/friends behind and starting a new job, praying for the Lord to provide a way for me to move home, praying for grace and strength to continue in my current job and a door to open at the right time for a new job.

Some of the above seasons lasted a few days, few weeks few months, and some a few years and are still lasting. There is hurt and pain all around us. Going on a mission’s trip and moving away turned out to not be major trials but actually wonderful events in my life but at the time they were the "unknown" and the unknown can be scary. The Lord doesn't always tell us all of the details of what is ahead. He wants us to go... not knowing and trust Him for the rest.

And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem,
not knowing what will happen to me there.
Acts 20:22 (NIV)

The Lord has been stirring my heart lately to pray for those who are hurting, and to encourage them. Let them know I am praying for them. When you are going through a trial it can be a very lonely place. I want to pray for those who are going through a difficult time, but also let them know that the Lord has brought them to my mind and I am praying for them. I have been so encouraged when others have told me they are praying for me and it has helped me through very difficult times. To know you are not alone even when you feel like you are is priceless. In this high tech world we live in it is so easy to encourage someone nowadays.

My church makes this so easy for us. They have a prayer list of everyone in the church that is currently going through a trial of one kind or another. Every month they update it and put it in the bulletin.

Will you join with me today in praying for one person you know is hurting and then send them a quick email to let them know you prayed for them? It really will make a difference.

No comments: