Well, tomorrow will be my one year anniversary for my blog. Today is the last entry for this blog year. I am going to try and put my blog in a bound book and call it "This is my life" Volume I etc. Next year will be Volume II. I want to remember all of the Lord’s goodness and faithfulness.
I was reading over some of my entries in the last year and was just amazed at all the Lord has done. When I started this blog I didn't have health insurance and was anxiously waiting for that to kick in so I could see a neurologist for my migraines. My health insurance kicked in and I was able to find a good neurologist and have gone off a medication I had been on for 19 years and have done amazingly well. There were a few bumps in the road, but not nearly as bad as I was expecting.
My job has been an increasing trial, but I had a wonderful summer and fall last year taking pictures all over the county seeing small towns I never would have seen had I been in a 9-5 job. I want that 9-5 job, but I am grateful for the time I had getting to explore the countryside.
The Lord has shown me the sweetness of His presence in trials and I have felt His nearness. Two families in my church have experienced great trials in this last year and it really puts everything else in perspective. I think and pray about them and for them daily. The Lord wakes me up early to pray for them. If I can't sleep in the middle of the night they are on my mind. My heart breaks to see my friends go through such difficult trials. But it makes me cry out to the Lord even more, because He is our hope.
This last year has been a difficult year but a year of growth. I remember my dad came to my house one year and looked at my rose bush. He started cutting back the branches and was just going crazy on it. I know nothing about gardening and my dad’s hobby is gardening. In my foolishness I questioned him and said, "Dad, you are going to kill it, you are cutting it down to nothing. What are you doing?" He said," You have to prune it back or it won't grow or produce any fruit (roses). Now is the time of year to do it." He was right. I had the most beautiful roses that year. The bush was full. His timing was right. I tried a few years later to just cut the bush down randomly (remember I don't know anything about gardening) and I did it at the wrong time of the year and nearly killed the bush.
God's timing is perfect. He knows the exact time to prune us to produce the most fruit and make us most like His Son. As I look back on this last year, it was a great year in the Lord full of many rich blessings. To know that the Lord is with you no matter where the road leads... what more can we ask for?
No comments:
Post a Comment