I remember watching the movie Independence Day years ago. The world was being invaded by aliens. The good guys were trying to take out the aliens but they couldn't because there was this "force" protecting them and they couldn't take them out. No matter what weapon they tried, nothing could get past this protective barrier. I remember watching the good guys send bomb after bomb and nothing could penetrate this barrier. They (the aliens) were totally safe.
Finally the good guys figured it out. The "Mother-ship" was protecting the smaller alien vessels and nothing would get through the force field if they didn't take out the Mother-ship. In the end the good guys go up into outer space and blow up the Mother-ship and the force field breaks down and then they are able to take out the smaller alien vessels and win the battle.
I remember being very moved by this movie. It made me think about the Lord. Nothing that the enemy or this world throws at me is going to get to me that the Lord doesn't allow. He is my protective barrier. He is my force field. Nothing, absolutely nothing can come near me without the Lord's permission. So I don't have to fear. I don't have to fear any health problems, car accidents, death, trials, war, or anything, because the Lord is in control and sovereign. And no one can take out the Lord. He is Almighty. He is the First and the Last. In Him will I put my trust.
He is watching over me and I can trust in Him. Everything is in His hands. Thank you Lord. If you are struggling with fear today, let me encourage you that He is in control, He knows what is going on, and He knows you by name. He hears your cry and He is watching over you. Absolutely nothing will get past the Lord God Almighty without His permission. He loves you and He is near. Cry out to Him and He will rescue you and hold you close to Him. He loves you.
No comments:
Post a Comment