Monday, September 03, 2007

Vacation Pictures Part II

Here are more vacation pictures. This is from the aquarium in Monterey. They had amazing jellyfish.
















This is the Sea Lion (below) that sneezed all over me. I was standing only about 2 feet away trying to get a picture. The next think I know I felt this spray all over me and I looked down and I was covered in large black "stuff" on my arms and my shirt was stained with spots of more "stuff". It was disgusting. Poor guy must have been a little under the weather.




The Thinker










2 comments:

Zoanna said...

Okay, love the Lombard STreet picture (I think that's it, right?) The sea lion you feel sorry for. ARen't you the quintessential animal lover! I don't think I would have credited him with sickness. Did sea lion snot get on your camera, too? As for jellyfish, I guess they are amazing. I hate them. Been stung, am absolutely terrified of them. Ben got a nasty sting on his elbow while were at Myrtle Beach. The Thinker must be wondering, "Okay, which to go to first? Ghirardelli or Fisherman's Wharf? Hmmm." I would say unequicovally, "Life is short. Start with chocolate."

Vicki said...

I have been stung by jellyfish too, but the way they were displayed was beautiful. They had a frame around them like they were beautiful art. They moved so majestically and were mesmerizing. I could have stared at them all day. It was so relaxing. I don't think I got any "snot" on my camera not sure how I didn't though... it was everywhere... We found lots of chocolate places at the Wharf, so even if you chose the Wharf... there was plenty of chocolate to go around...

(I just couldn't bring myself to pay $3 for one truffle though... maybe I am losing my sweet tooth... it just didn't seem worth it... What am I saying?... Not worth it!!!... What is happening to me??? Chocolate is always worth it!!! Well, I did have my share of chocolate, don't get me wrong… Ghirardelli of course.)