About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Get me outta here...

I was at my client’s house today. She had three cats, nine rats, two big birds, and one boa constrictor. I was watching the rats as we were talking. The cats were too. This one gray rat was trying so hard to get out of the cage. He had climbed his water bottle and was hanging on the mesh lid trying with all of his might to figure a way out of the cage. In his mind, he was in a prison and he needed out. If he could only figure a way out… Little did he know that his "prison" was a protective environment for him and if he did manage to get out he would have had three cats waiting for him.

I thought of how many times I feel like that rat. I don't like the environment I am in and I try so hard to get out of it, not realizing that the Lord put me in a protective environment and if I managed to escape that environment I would have a harsh world waiting for me. Thank you Lord for where you have placed me. Teach me to be content with where you have me, right now today.


LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
Psalm 16:5-7 (NIV)

2 comments:

Zoanna said...

Eeewww. 9 rats? When you threw that in with the list of pets, I was thinking they were NOT pets. Gross. But i love your analogy. So true.

Vicki said...

DON'T READ THIS MOM...

I MEAN IT... TRUST ME...








Some of the smaller rats were food for the Boa Constrictor, so only half of the rats were pets, the other half were food...