I am glad that my God's faithfulness does not depend on how I "feel" today. I might "feel" overwhelmed, exhausted, hopeless, and weary. That does not mean that I am without hope! He gives rest to the weary. He brings Hope to the hopeless. He restores my soul.
God is still on the throne! He is in control. He is Sovereign. He is active and very aware of my situation. In fact He personally allowed this trial just for me so I will see my need for Him. I struggle with self-sufficiency. He is going to “help me out” and end that struggle by showing me that I can't do it on my own.
This isn't a "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" situation. This is a "cry out to your loving Father and He will show you the way to go" situation.
I need to believe that God is who He says He is and God will do what He says He will do. He is faithful.
My God will supply all my needs. I am confident of this. I will trust in the Lord with ALL my heart, and lean not on my own understanding. In all my ways I WILL acknowledge Him and He WILL direct my paths.By God's grace, I have a lot of jobs to apply for thanks to my family and friends. The pity party is over. Time to get back to work.
1 comment:
What a great reminder! I often feel like I'm being led by my emotions as well (even in "good" things, when a tepid response when I was expecting and excited one leads to discouragement...responses from others should NOT dictate my outlook on the day)...so it is good to be reminded of that myself. God is in control, and I don't need to keep trying to take over. Or even figure out the endgame. I just need to follow along behind, because where he has me going is better than anywhere I thought I wanted to go in the first place.
Post a Comment