About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Another Monday has passed.

I tend to hate Monday's because that is my nasty report day. (Maybe I should give Monday's a different name so I won't dread them so much. Nasty report day already indicates this day will be yucky. How about "Sanctification Monday's", "Grace Filled Monday's", I can't wait to get up and do this wonderful report Monday", "Zippity-Doo-Da Monday's", or "Bubble Gum Day" (I chew a lot of gum when I do my reports. I don't know why, but it helps me think better... I know, I'm weird. Tell me something I don't know.)

I had to work all day today (Labor Day) and didn't get to enjoy my "day off". I can't wait to have a job where your day off is really a "day off."

Anyway, at least I am not still working on my weekly report at 3:30 am. I finished it just a few minutes ago.

Well, I plan to start job hunting a little more seriously. I have a few possibilities of jobs to apply for. My family was informing me of some options. I know I must have seemed ungrateful when they were telling me about the jobs. They are really good jobs, with more money than I have ever earned and great benefits. They are at least an hour away. I really want a new job, and I really want a good job. But I really wanted a job that would also allow me to adopt. As they were telling me about the jobs, all I could see was the possibility of me ever adopting getting further and further away.


I know that right now I need a new job, and I can't be picky. It is just hard because I was really hoping that when I got a new job I would be able to have a job that was fair to decent pay, normal hours and not too far away. If I have to work 9 hours a day, and have at least 2 hours in a commute, even if I moved a little closer, I would still be gone 11 hours a day. I wouldn't even adopt a dog with those hours.

I know I need to get over this quick and apply. I am just realizing that I might never be able to adopt due to my work schedule. I trust the Lord, and know that if I can't adopt, I will at least have enough time to spend with my friends kids. I will pray that the Lord will lead me in the right direction, and open the doors he wants to open. My job is only to knock on doors, so I better start knocking.

No comments: