About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Beware of Imposters


When I was in my 20's I worked at a jewelry store. I remember one day looking in the case and saying to my boss that I couldn't believe how inexpensive a particular rope chain bracelet was. I asked him if the price was an error. He proceeded to tell me that was the correct price because the bracelet was a hollow gold bracelet. It was not made of solid gold. It was actually hollow on the inside. Hmmm... that seemed like a good way to get an expensive looking bracelet. Not a bad idea.

But when you picked the bracelet up you could instantly tell it was hollow... it was so light. Over time we also had many repairs on hollow bracelets because they bent easily, kinked easily, and did not stand up well to normal wear and tear. In the long run, it was not a good investment. It was just a cheap imitation.

Another cheap imitation... Hollow Easter Bunnies. Biting the ears off and having them cave in on you and fall down inside... thin pieces of chocolate instead of a big chunk of chocolate. The Hollow Easter Bunny is an imposter.

This world "looks" so alluring and enticing, but beware, imposters are everywhere.

You might just try to "bite" into something of this world but it won't satisfy. It will just cave in and crumble. Only the Lord can satisfy. Money, a good job, a nice house and car, even a husband or wife will never truly satisfy. Only the Lord will bring you hope, peace, joy and true contentment.

He delivers what He promises.

Look at what Jesus has done for you.
Look at what Jesus is doing right now for you.
Look at what Jesus is preparing for you...
You will never be disappointed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I realize you wrote this a little while ago, but I just now read it. Thanks SO much. I love analogies and this one is particularly good, I think. :)