I spent a good part of the evening trying to figure out what I wanted for Christmas. After several hours... I came up with... nothing.
I was thinking of some of the kids in my church that were adopted from Liberia. Before they were adopted they had never seen a TV, heard the radio, played a video game, not eaten everything on their plate, had several outfits to wear, had multiple toys to play with... the list goes on and on.
I have food, clothes, a warm house, a great car. I have so very, very much. I need nothing.
I am excited that my family is just exchanging small gifts this year. Christmas will be about being with family, enjoying time together.
This is most likely my last Christmas by myself. Next year I will be a mom. I will get to see Christmas through a child's eyes. I can hardly wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment