About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Friday, December 12, 2008

A Simple Conversation with God

About a year or so ago I was driving by a gas station and saw the outrageous gas price listed. At the time it was probably around $3.85. I remember just simply talking to the Lord as if He was sitting in the car with me.... Here's how the conversation kinda went...

Lord, these gas prices are out-of-control. The gas companies are really taking advantage of us. There are people out there greatly impacted by these prices. I don't know how I am going to keep paying this much for gas... (I was a therapist at the time driving all over the county.) Lord, this is just a simple request, I really can't even imagine this happening, but I will ask anyway because You say, "Ask and you shall receive..."

Lord will you please lower these prices. Even down to $2.99/gallon would help, but that is still a crazy price. May I be so bold as to ask you to lower it to $1.99... Actually Lord, you say to ask boldly... I think $1.49 is a fair price for gas. I know this is a crazy request. I can't even imagine this happening Lord. But you said You will do more than we think, ask, or imagine... of all the things to pray for I feel silly even asking for this, but you care about the big things and the small things. You are "God WITH us." You hear our prayers. You are a loving Father. Thank you for all you have done for me. You owe me nothing, I owe you everything. Thank you Lord. I am grateful... even if the price of gas never goes down.

So my dear friend and I both have SUV's. We have this little game we play. Every time we see the price of gas get lower we call each other. As soon as the other says, "Hello" we answer by yelling out the latest gas price... "$1.79!"

Well I told her about my prayer to the Lord and the other day she called and yelled out... "Twenty Cents to Go!" Gas is currently $1.69. I don't know if it will make it to $1.49. I am already amazed that it is as low as it is. What a difference it has made in my budget.

Thank you Lord for the simple things.

No comments: