Monday, December 29, 2008

Patiently Waiting... but Thoughts-A-Dancing...

My wonderful neighbor painted me this picture for Christmas. She said that since my girls didn't come for Christmas, she wanted me to have this. I was so touched.

What will my girls be like? How young/old will they be? Will they be girly girls or tom boys? What will their names be? There are so many thoughts dancing in my mind...

I walk past their bedroom and think, "I can't wait until they get here..." then I think, "I can't believe I am going to be a mom!... and soon!!!"

I guess I am thinking about a lot of the same things other first-time moms think about... sort of...

I pray the Lord will protect them and keep them safe...

4 comments:

Holly said...

I'm so excited for you Vicki! I actually have goose bumps!!

Let's get together - want to have a late dinner tonight? (Tues) or maybe (Fri?) Maybe we could include Jen and Tonya!?

I sure miss the good ol' days!

Zoanna said...

What a thoughtful gift. Beautiful painting. I'd be touched by it, too! I remember thinking the same thoughts not only when I was pregnant, but during the 2 years we were seriously considering adopting from China. Precious thoughts. It made me realize I could love people I'd never met, just as I loved the babies in my womb.

Anonymous said...

Happy for you and the way you are excited about a new little baby to love.
Blessings,
Betty G

Vicki said...

Thanks Betty and Welcome.

I have checked your blog out over the last year or two as well. Thanks for visiting.

I am very excited about my little ones coming. Thursday is my home study... please pray it goes well.