Ok, HOW LAZY IS AMERICA GETTING???
I saw a toothbrush commercial tonight. There was a woman using a power toothbrush (which I do think is a better toothbrush... my dentist would also agree, it is more thorough...)
anyway...
The woman with the power toothbrush was standing next to a man brushing his teeth with a regular "old fashioned" toothbrush.
The woman said looking over at the man... "Wow, that looks like a lot of work!"
Are you kidding me? Too much work to brush your teeth? Granted the power toothbrush works better, but it just sounded so ridiculous... Do you remember the automatic seat belts... we were too lazy to put our own seat belts on, so they had the car do it automatically...
Next Commercial...
Levi's...
What on earth happened? They show two people rushing up some steps taking their clothes off and while they are taking their clothes off they are sharing all the lies they told each other... I guess they met on-line and told each other a bunch of lies. He doesn't have the job he said, etc... I thought it was going to be an STD commercial about not rushing into sex ... it ended with the Levi's logo...
That was crazy... they were making it look like this is what everyone does...
They don't let cigarette commercials on the air anymore because cigarettes could kill you... What about random sex with strangers? You could die a lot faster with AIDS, or what if you get pregnant... abortion is an epidemic... it takes years to die from cigarettes, but hey, have sex and then if you get pregnant have an abortion... it's legal to murder babies, so go for it...
Sorry for the tangent...
I received an email the other day and it was saying how there used to be only two TV stations years ago and that was enough for everyone... it was good, interesting, entertaining TV. Now we have a million TV channels and nothing on... reality TV, crime shows, medical shows... at least there are cooking shows and HGTV... but it is all really just a waste of time... As my dear friend said, "TV... it's a thief."
I understand why many families don't watch TV... they are not radical Christians, they are just wise. They show nudity on TV now... Nudity! Risque clothing, pure trash...
I will have to figure out this parental guardian thing before the kids come.
Ok, my ranting is over.
1 comment:
Levi's lost my business a long time ago for moral reasons (their money goes to certain lobby groups I detest). I haven't seen any of the commercials you're talking about, but I use an old-fashioned toothbrush and probably oughta switch.
Post a Comment