About Me

My photo
I am a small town country girl who has learned how powerful the love of God is. I pray that you are encouraged by this blog. If you are struggling or weary please know that there is hope in Jesus. He loves you. This blog was created to show Evidences of His Grace.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

When did I get old?

I know I really need to dye my hair... but I had no idea I looked that old.

A few months ago I had clients accusing me of being some young 20-something whippersnapper fresh out of college and clueless. In the last few months on two different occasions, while holding a friend's grandson, I was asked if he was my grandson! (I will dye my hair tonight for sure.)

Also I noticed recently that the movies I have been watching over the Christmas season have people that look my age with teenagers... older teenagers. When I was an in-home therapist I also noticed that many of my clients with teenagers were my age or even younger.

When my mom was my age I was 17... Wow. I can't even imagine having a 17 year old right now.

It seemed like just a few years ago I started feeling like an adult, and now I am middle age.

Time really flies. (Old people always say that...)

I don't care about getting older, and I'm not having a mid-life crisis... it's just weird when others start seeing you as old...

Now where is that hair dye...

No comments: