Well, I got my first call today. My caseworker called me to see if I would be interested in two girls ages three and five. I was familiar with these girls because this was the third time I was made aware of them. The first time was when I was with a previous agency, the second in my adoption classes and then today.
It was really hard to say no... but I did...
The one girl is autistic and non-verbal. They have many challenges...
As a single mom I am not able to devote the amount of time that would be needed to help these girls succeed.
Please pray for these little girls. They were already placed in a foster home and it didn't work out. They have had such a rough start in life. They need a mommy and a daddy that can help them. I pray they find a loving home.
I know that the Lord will lead me to the right girls. I know He is in control.
4 comments:
Good girl Vic,
always know your limits. Trust what God has laid on your heart. Listen for His Voice and do not be swayed by those who "think" they are doing good. I do not mean that maliciously, but I do know a bit about that subject.
Love,
sandy
You made the right decision. Think of it as practice runs for all the times as a mom you'll have to say "no" when you know's it the harder, but better, choice for your children.
That would be "when you know it's the harder...choice." Oh, boy, if I would just proofread before clicking!
Thanks gals... I appreciate the encouragement.
I talked to a friend of mine from my adoption class. Her and her husband are still trying to get these girls, but the agency is moving slow. They are also Christians and would be wonderful for these girls plus they have experience in this area.
I pray it works out for them to get the girls.
Post a Comment