Saturday, August 26, 2006

Bugs, Flowers, and Tree Huggers

I just love this type of wild flower (Queen Anne's Lace.) Years ago I cut some and brought it in the house and put it in a vase. But there were tiny bugs on it, so I freaked out and threw it outside. I will have to just enjoy seeing it grow in the wild. I have a dear friend that offered me some fresh wild flowers from her garden. I remembered the bugs, and said, "No thanks." She still teases me to this day about being a sissy.

















There is an elderly lady in Creekside, PA who has the most beautiful flower gardens. This is from her garden.




















I love trees. I used to love climbing trees as a kid, although I was terrified. I really only climbed trees when I was with my friends. They always climbed higher than me, which challenged me to go a little higher. I was never the kid that climbed the highest, and I always hugged that tree for dear life, but to see the world from a different perspective was worth it.

No comments: