I was reading in my devotions this morning about Joseph finding out his bride to be (Mary) was pregnant. He thought his two choices were divorce her quietly (back then you had to divorce to break off an engagement) or let the authorities know, and Mary would be stoned to death. Being an honorable man, he decided to divorce Mary quietly. But an angel came to him and gave him a third option. Get married and become the legal father / guardian of the Savior of the World. Finding out God was the one who got your bride pregnant would have been quite a shock, yet Joseph chose to trust in the Lord. Mary and Joseph were simple, ordinary people. But God chose to do amazing things through them. Commentaries say that Mary was around 14 when she became pregnant with Jesus. Can you imagine how she must have felt? She probably thought, "I don't have the resources necessary to raise the King of Kings. How can I, a young girl handle such a responsibility?" She trusted God for all the details.
I am seriously considering going to grad school. I ask myself how will I do this? I will need a different job to even be able to go to grad school. So many decisions to make. What type of job do I want to have when I am done with grad school? What program do I need to take to be able to get the job I want? What college has that program? What college will even admit me given my poor undergraduate grades? I wasn't the best student in undergrad because I was a terrible test taker. I am sure the Lord will make it all clear and show me what direction to go. He might show me a different direction to go that I haven't thought of (like Joseph). Whatever direction He takes me, I can hear Him saying to me as he said to Mary "Fear not, for I am with you".
Given my past academic history, grad school sounds impossible. But, I am sure that the Lord will make what seems like the impossible to me, possible in Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment