Here is one of my favorite scriptures in various versions:
I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. (NIV)
I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. (NASB)
[What, what would have become of me] had I not believed that I would see the Lord's goodness in the land of the living! (AMP)
Yet I am confident that I will see the LORD's goodness while I am here in the land of the living. (NLT)
I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. (KJV)
I'm sure now I'll see God's goodness in the exuberant earth. Stay with God! Take heart. Don't quit. I'll say it again: Stay with God. (The Message)
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. (NKJV)
Thank you Lord for your Word. I am confident I will see His goodness. I am confident because I have already seen his goodness. I know He is faithful.
1 comment:
Dude! No ESV translation? Heresy!
Sorry to hear you're having such a no-good, very bad day... er... week. Um... month? These jobs take it out of you every which way. I'd say "I know how you feel," but I've been avoiding paperwork and many job responsibilities for the past few weeks...
Post a Comment